Pineapple Fried ‘Rice’ Quinoa with Aidells Teriyaki Pineapple Natural Chicken Meatballs*.
Such a flavorful combo of sweet pineapple, lime, and sweet chili sauce, that’s Thai-inspired but not spicy. Using quinoa and riced cauliflower in place of fried rice really lightens up the carbs and calories in this dish and adds additional protein and fiber. Sneak in those veggies and nutrients, and nobody will notice in this flavorful dish. No leftovers with this one, winner dinner!
When we have meat, I try and go with the best quality, grass-fed or organic, sustainable meat I can find. When I’m looking for quick, premade meats, there are some great natural choices. Products that are minimally processed, no nitrites, preservatives, or added hormones. I like Aidells products and their list of ingredients is minimal and natural. Remember to read the labels.
*Just be cautious if you are staying away from gluten, as some of their products contain soy sauce that has gluten in it. Since I’m the only one that usually avoids gluten, I serve these Teriyaki & Pineapple Chicken Meatballs on the side. These meatballs can be BBQ-ed on skewers with added bell peppers and pineapple, or left out. This is a flavorful and beautiful vegetarian dish on its own, as well.
Such a flavorful combo of sweet pineapple, lime, and sweet chili sauce, that's Thai-inspired but not spicy.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (or brown rice), set aside. (Sub riced cauliflower and half the pineapple for lowcarb option)
- 2 scrambled organic eggs with a dash of salt, set aside.
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion, (green onion is best, but I didnt have any)
- 2 cloves garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple tidbits
- 1 can drained, sliced water chestnuts, optional, I just love the crunch they add
- Handful of chopped cilantro and chopped cashews, optional
- Precook the quinoa and store in fridge.
- Scramble the whipped eggs in a pan and once cooked, add to the quinoa. Set aside.
- Add oil to pan and when hot, add onion, pepper, garlic and pineapple. Stir fry for 3-5 min until onion is soft and pineapple begins to caramelize.
- Add water chestnuts, quinoa and eggs and heat through.
- Pour sauce over the top, put in a serving dish and garnish with cilantro and cashews.
- Served with Aidells Teriyaki Pineapple natural chicken meatballs. They are precooked, just heat them up.