7-INGREDIENT BANANA BREAKFAST COOKIES [GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, VEGAN, EASY]
These easy Banana Breakfast Cookies are super simple to throw together and full of flavor. Plus it is kid-friendly, simple, naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and no added sugar!
Mornings can be stressful, and we are always in a hurry to get out the door on weekdays. With food allergies and special dietary needs, it can be easy to get stuck in the rut of eating the same foods, especially ones that can be made quickly. Introducing some variety and powerful nutrition with these oh so delicious and filling cookies. It’s like everything I love about my favorite oatmeal without the mess and the added chewiness from the coconut. My family loves these, and I love how easy and healthy they are. Mwauh, ha ha ha, I feel so tricky giving out cookies for breakfast.
Below is a video tutorial on my YouTube channel to show you how quickly these can be made, with only 7 ingredients:
Serves 1 Cookie
These easy Banana Breakfast cookies are super simple to throw together and full of flavor. Plus, they're kid-friendly, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and less than 7 ingredients!
6 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
26 minTotal Time
- 2 med ripe bananas
- 1 cup gf old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/4-1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mash bananas with a fork (or hand mixer) in a medium mixing bowl until soft and no more chunks are left.
- Add oats and melted coconut oil. Stir to coat the oats well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix until fully combined and the texture is similar to cookie dough.
- Roll into 12 balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silpat. Press balls with the bottom of a glass to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until slightly brown and fragrant.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for approx. 5 minutes, then place on a plate to cool completely.
(Disclaimer: nutritional info is approx. and will vary based on your choice of ingredients, brands, and interpretations.)
Per cookie: approx 140 Calories, 8g fat, 15g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 2.5g fiber, 3.5g sugar.